David W. Eckman
P.O. Box 540245
Houston, Texas 77254-0245
Email (click here to send)
The geographic area in which I used to practice was limited to Harris County, Texas.
In addition, the services I provided were limited to providing advice, assistance and representation in
certain areas or fields of law (in alphabetical order):
- Business organizations: Forming and operating small business organizations, such as
sole proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations (non-public).
- Contracts and business operation: Preparing, reviewing and negotiating contracts for
various business purposes and personal matters.
- Family: Family law cases include divorces (with property division, child custody and child support
provisions), adoptions (child and adult), modifications of child custody, possession and support, name changes,
and emancipation of minors.
- Probate: Probate and related matters, including probating wills, heirship affidavits and
proceedings, and guardianship proceedings.
- Real estate: Real estate transactions and issues such as purchase and sale of a home or
condominium, strip shopping center, or rural property, and reviewing title and loan documents,
deed restrictions and encumbrances.
- Trusts, wills and estate planning: Estate planning for relatively simple estates and
estate plans, including preparing wills (which can include trusts for minor children and trusts to
take advantage of the unified estate and gift tax deduction), codicils, revocable ("living"),
irrevocable and other trust documents, directives to physicians ("living wills"), health care
and general powers of attorney, designations of guardians, and insurance beneficiary designations.
- Unlisted matters: Providing legal advice and assistance in certain matters incidental to,
similar to or related to those above.
Not Certified By The Texas Board of Legal
Specialization in any areas established by that board.
Since I am now retired, I no longer practice law, but I will be happy to talk with you about any matter you find above, so long as you do not expect legal advice. If your concern is not within
the areas of my former practice, I may be able to suggest a lawyer for you to call, but I cannot give
any recommendations because I cannot control what any other lawyer will do or what you might expect
or require in connection with another lawyer's services, both of which, among other things, would
greatly affect any recommendation I could give.
For my licenses and bar memberships, see my personal information.
|Remember who He is and whose you are|